Monday 24 January 2022

SWEETEST INFANT VOICES

Photo by Jon Tyson on Unsplash
As teachers we used to laugh at those words, for children’s voices are often far from sweet. I  remember a time when the sound  of  play time coming from our local school still brought a feeling of dread to my stomach. But now, instead, it brings joyful memories as I treasure the privilege I had of going into our local primary schools and
knowing Jesus was coming in with me.

If only I had known Jesus as my Saviour and Friend as a little child, how different my school days might have been. And yet , there can be tough experiences for Christian children too, however well taught and supported.

Challenged as to how to help a family who have been seeing their child coming home in tears, I feel impressed to share a story I heard from a parent of a pastor long since in the ministry. His ‘gang’ had excluded him from playing football with them. This was persecution indeed.

Mother challenged her son to pray with her and see how Jesus would come into the situation to help to make things  right. Doubtless he was still in the Infants for Mum was around as they came out of school. They watched from a distance  to see his mates enjoying  their game without him. But strangely there was  no football. Somehow the ball had been lost.
Photo by Robert Collins on Unsplash

I don’t think his pals thought  to exclude him again, and he certainly had learned the lesson that if he invited  Jesus into his situation that he could change even the most painful one.

I often think how different my childhood would have been if I had been taught that Jesus had died for me, that he forgave all my sins and would give me courage to face every difficulty. But even as an adult I have had to learn to pray and ask Jesus to come with me into a difficult situation whereas I had failed previously.

So let’s pray for our schools, for Christian teachers and workers and especially pray for and with our children as they face their own Goliaths or other form of persecution.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment