Tuesday 18 September 2012

PAULINE’S SIGNATURE TUNE

‘The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.’

I used to pray for strength to get me through the day, but I was always coming across this wonderful verse. It is in Moses’ song of triumph in Exodus, David sings it out in one of his psalms, and Isaiah the prophet sings it too. And now I sing it, or if I haven’t got strength to sing it I will just speak it out.

I realised, if God is my strength I may just make it through the day, but if he is my strength and my song, then I am going to have a good day. And I know Jesus saved me, once and for all, when he died on the cross, but I need that salvation to be applied every moment of the day. There is a wonderful old hymn, ‘Jesus saved me now, Jesus saves me now. Yes, Jesus saves me all the time, yes Jesus saves me now.’

When I’m feeling het up, losing my peace, feeling sorry for myself, angry, jealous – any of those things that happen when we have allowed Self back on the throne of our hearts instead of Jesus,  then we can claim his power to save us.

So I love to begin the day, or begin whatever, by speaking out God’s word. It is good to believe God’s word, but it is better to speak it out loud. God wants us to have his word in our mouths and in our hearts, and he says that if we will confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts, we will be saved. Sometimes it is the speaking out that has to come before all our negative feelings go.

Why don’t you say it with me. ‘The Lord is our strength and our song and he has become our salvation.’ Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Pauline, for this reminder ... I am saying (or singing) it along with you.

    ReplyDelete